Monday, July 5, 2010

Hostess Luncheon

Hostess Appreciation Luncheon
June 26, 2010

I love this event! I think it may just be my favorite all year, although I have a many others that I like a whole lot.  This year was another hit.  I hope you enjoy the photos!  (FYI....this will be a long post)

It started when I mailed each Hostess this invitation.  It is made with Baja Breeze (which doesn't look that great in the photo), Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White card stock.  The pink is embossed with the NEW Square Lattice Embossing Folder and the NEW stamp set Friend never Fade.  The ribbon is layered Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta under the NEW 1/8" Taffeta in Early Espresso, and I added the two Ribbon Slides from the Hodgepodge Hard Ware Kit.

When they arrived....

...they picked up a small brown bag (Hostess or Guest, accordingly).  Hostess choose from a variety of fabric flowers (made with the Flower Folds Sizzix XL Die & fabric), while guests received a mini piercer (that Hostesses received last year).

Here's Chris Schultz who had the best match of the flower to her outfit.  You can tell so much in the photo, but I had to post it because everyone commented on the match!  I think everyone loved their flowers, they all wore them! 

Then the Hostess were allowed to shop (guests had to wait until the event was over to shop). 
 One of my hostesses asked not to be seen on my blog, so you'll see her face blocked out in a few photos.

Hostesses received a rebate of 25% of whatever they purchased from my shelves toward a preorder for the New Idea Book & Catalog...Guest 10%.  That made the catalog even more exciting.  Many shopped while they ate!


The food was AMAZING this year.  My friend Joy Davis & her husband are starting a catering business, Dragon Flower Catering (248-798-3229).  She offered to make the food for my two events held on this day.
Joy Davis

and the Food; Thai Noodle Salad, Antipaost Pitas, Curried Chichen Croissants, Shrip Pasta Salad - to the right was Fresh Fruit Kebobs and a Banana Split Brownie Pizza that was to die for! 

I forgot to take pictures of the totally different array she had for my Customer Open House that afternoon, but it included a veggie tray, pinwheels, key lime cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, & mini peach strudels!  Everything was so good and my Hostess were very happy (me too! I am not a fan of cooking).

The buffet line - drinks from my cute new dispensers (shown in the background) or a soda or bottle water from the mini fridge.

PRIZES

Through the lunch I called off numbers that were on the other side of the 'flower' attached the to the small brown bag they received when they arrived. All gifts were wrapped, but you can see what was inside below.

Hostess Picked from one box of gifts
Guests picked from another box

JUST FOR FUN PHOTOS....

Ceecee waves as she waites for her 'seat' to open up after the hostesses shop. 

Chris, Susan, & Loreen work on the Slider Card project.

Hilda, Sylvana, & Collen work on the photo book.

Susan, Pam, & Anna work on the scrapbook page

 Eating & Catalog Review

Here are the samples of the Projects we made this year at the Hostess Luncheon.
Daffodil Delight & Peach Parfait card stock with Greenhouse Gala DSP and a New Hostess Stamp Set, Occasional Quotes.

6" scrapbook page made with retired card stock and the NEW stamp set, Elements of Style.
Photo Book made with retring card stock, ribbon, & DSP, clear envelopes, & the Dreams De jour stamp set


The WOW Card....a Slider made with Pear Pizzaz, Marina Mist, Whisper White, & Early Espresso card stock, with Greenhouse Gala DSP  It's fun to watch the left side slide out at the same time as the right side!

I hope you'll be able to join us next time!  All it takes to be invited is to hold a Stampin' Up! Workshop (party) with me!  Either in your home, or here at the Stamp Sell-er!  Let's talk and see if this is something that might interested you and your friends.

Hugs, Karie Beglau

No comments:

Post a Comment