Saturday, February 11, 2012

Candy Braclets

Have you ever struggled with creativity? 

Well, I sure have!  When I was challenged to use the little 1" x 8" Cellophane Bags, (Item #124134 (50) $2.50) carried over from the Holiday Mini catalog, the only thing I knew for sure was that I did NOT want to make another topper for it.

Don't get me wrong, toppers are very are cute.  But as I sat there with one of these little bags in my hand, trying to figure out what to do with it, I started flipping it back in forth in frustration.  Then it landed on my wrist...hmmmmm........

A BRACELET!!  


Imagine this wrapped around a child's wrist and tied with a pretty bow.  I think they'd love it!  I know they went over big at the Stampin' Up! Leadership convention.  They were a 'swappin' hit!



Here's a few more ideas for color.  
Can you imagine them in your child's school colors?



Here's How To Make Your Own

Step 1:  Buy some of these cute Stampin' Up! Cellophane bags from me....& of course, some M&M's.
Step 2:  Sort M&M's by color (optional)
Step 3: Using the Oval Punch (#119855 $15.95) create the end pieces with coordinating card stock.
Step 4: Add Sticky Strip to oval pieces before punching a hole in the center with the 1/16" circle punch (#101227 $8.95).
Step 5: Add ribbon (so many to choose from in the Stampin' Up! catalogs...it's a color-fest!) through hole (about 8"). Just pull a little bit through (it will hold with brad in step 6)
Step 6: Stick oval to closed end of bag (half way so it will fold over as shown) and add a brad that will go through the oval, the bag, and the ribbon.  Fold over remaining half of oval.
Step 7:  Fill with M&M candies.  You will see that mine are not packed full.  You need as many as will fit when the candy lays flat.  If it's too full it will not wrap around your wrist properly.
Step 8: Close end of bag and repeat steps 3 through 6 on this end.  Make sure your brads will be facing up on same side.

FYI:  Be sure your hands are CLEAN before touching the candy.  I think it might be a good idea to use some disposable gloves.  It makes it a bit harder, but more sanitary. 

If you need more direction on this leave a comment that you'd like me to create a video for Watch & Weight Wednesday and I will make one.

See You Tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment