Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Breast Cancer Awareness - Ribbon of Courage




Ribbon of Courage

I am so excited for this blog hop!  As October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, that is our theme.  My mother, Sally, was a survivor after she had a mastectomy of one of her breasts.  This blog post is dedicated to her memory.

I used the Ribbon of Courage stamp set, the Lovely Words Thinlits Dies and a variety of Stampin' Write Markers to create the card below.   


The die-cut piece was trimmed leaving just the word Hugs.  I used the Fresh Floral Designer Series Paper Stack and 3/8” Stitched Ribbon.

My mother had a hard life and yet she was always strong and brave through it all.  She raised 6 kids on her own after my father's death when I was just 11 years old.  Each of her children considered her not just our mom, but our advisor, our friend, and our cheerleader.  The word survivor fits her entire life, not just this small part that included a literal piece of herself.


Please remember to have a mammogram this month!  Breast cancer effects so many woman (& men) and getting a little squeeze is important and could save your life.  Contact your doctor and make an appointment today.  

I have another post coming up on 10/8 that will give you a lot of information about Inflammatory Breast Cancer - so be sure to follow me with one of the options in the upper right corner. 

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

Hop on over to the next blog to see more Colors Of Courage samples.
http://bit.ly/2wjDirx

 I’d love to read your thoughts on this post.
 Please leave me a comment below!

Below are the product codes and prices for the items used on these projects. Just click to order them for yourself today! 



No comments:

Post a Comment