Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives - September 2017



Paper Pumpkin Alternative
Layered Leaves   (September 2017)

This month’s kit is so cute!  I love the ideas that came from Stampin’ Up! so much that I didn’t want to make any alternative items!  However, I also love to change things up so, of course, I did make a couple for you.

 Here’s what the kit contained

Alternative #1
The cute pouch box is similar to the idea from Stampin’ Up!  However, I decided to embossing the leaf veining by using VersaMark ink and Gold Embossing Powder.  



 I also wanted to highlight the embossing on the box so I sponged over it with Cajun Craze ink to give it some more dimension.  I trimmed one of lighter 3-leaf diecuts because only wanted 1 leaf, then I used part of a sentiment from Merry Little Labels.  The Bakers Twine & Cloths Pin came in the kit.

Alternative #2
Because I like the way the sponging worked on the above project I decided to try something else.  This time I cut the box to create a 3”x4”  with the embossed image in the center.  Then I carefully went over the image with my Fine Tip Glue Pen and let it dry.  Once it was dry (pretty fast but I didn’t time it) I decided to push it a bit more and completely cover the piece by sponging Tempting Turquoise over it.  Once I was done I wiped the ink off the ‘glued’ image.   
I matted the image in Crumb Cake card stock.  Because the base color was so dark it did not look like Tempting Turquoise, but I thought it was close enough to Bermuda Bay (so doesn't in this photo 0 but it does in real life) so that is my base color, which I also embossed with the Quilt Top Textured Impression Embossing Folder. 
I wanted to add one of the gold leaf skeletons but it needed something behind it, so I cut out a sold leaf, with a die from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits, out of Painted Autumn DSP.
I stamped the smaller leaf onto the tag using Bermuda Bay ink then, using Early Espresso ink, I stamped the sentiment using words from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set.
I hope you enjoyed my alternative ideas this month.  Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss next month – Which Stampin’ Up! has informed us will be Christmas themed, along with the month of December too. I’m just guessing but I think next month will be cards and the following will be tags, or gift boxes, or ???  If you want in on the fun be sure to sign up using the link below before October 10th!

Link photo
https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=33608

If you would like to see more of my ideas, just use the one of the options in the upper right corner to follow me.

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment