Thursday, March 4, 2010

Scrapbook In A Box - Round Version

WOW!  I hope you took the tour yesterday....the ideas were sooooo cool.  One of my favorites was Becky Jensen's make over of the Lindt Chocolate box....SO CUTE!  It made me want to go buy some, of course part of that may have been a desire for the goodies that come in box!  LOL 

My idea for a Going Green project today is also from a box.....

 
 I started with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge box, and some restaurant drink coasters (compliments of a waitress who gave us a bag of them at convention one year!).  With them I made a round scrapbook book  in a box!

Along with the Box & Coasters, you will need:  Big Shot Bigz Dies; Stampin' Up Beautiful Butterflies (Item #114507) & Clear Circle (Item #114522).  Pretties Kit (Item #109114), Grosgrain Ribbon 1/4" (IB&C pg. 183), Small & Regular Tag punches (Item #108264 & #105934), Hobby Blade (Item #102449), Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers (DSP) - I used the Bashful Blue & Chocolate Chip Patterns DSP, and some adhesives; Sticky Strip (Item #104294), SNAIL Adhesive (Item #104332), and my favorite for this project, Anywhere Glue Stick (Item #104045)


 If you use the Bigz Clear Circle Die it will likely fit your round coasters as it did for me.  I lucked out that the coasters had a brown edge so it matched my design.  For the side I cut a strip of DSP 3/4" wide by 12" plus another strip the same width but only about 4" long.  It's easiest if you combine them into one long strip before adhering it to the side.  I used two rows of Stick Strip, one on the bottom side, and one on the lid side.  Then I added my 2/3" strip and cut down the center with a Hobby Blade.  Take your time with this so not to tear at the DSP (mine did a little).  The top was made with the two Bigz Dies, DSP, and the Warm Words stamp set (I used this set a few times on the pages as well)

ON THE INSIDE:  The Grosgrain ribbon is used as a hinge and is sandwiched between two decorated coasters to give it strength.  Here's how it looks when you open it, and both sides of the pages-on-ribbon.


Here's a few more angles of the finished box, and a few of the pages up close

 I hope you enjoyed today's project! I had fun making this that I decided that it needs to be an ABC class project ASAP!  So it is official the project for the next 
ABC Class on Thursday, April 21st
at 6:30 PM.  Email me for details  Memoryinkers@att.net. 

Hugs, Karie B.

Now...of to see what Jackie Bottomley is up to today....click the icon below
Tour Ended 3/7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment