Friday, July 2, 2010

My husband's card

Father's Day!

My husband is an artist!  Seriously, he really is!!  Although card stock, paper, and stamps, are not his typical medium, he is very good at using these things.  Here's a the card he made for his dad on Father's Day.

He used some retired paper to produce the shirt, and the card stock is Mellow Moss (recently retired).  Notice the buttons...he drew them on!  The pocket is too cute and the crown is embossed.  The "I love you" is a random stamp (I've had it for years) and he decided to write the word Dad.

What you can't see is that inside the shirt he wrote "Opps! nothing to see here" in case his father tried to open it up...like a guy would take something apart to see how it works...LOL

He want me to be sure to show the next two photos:

When the card is closed you can see that he trimmed the front just a touch shorter then the back. 
He wanted to show the thin line gold embossed line he put there to accent the card.

On the inside ....

...he added another, larger, crown....and of course the embossed edge.

I love that my husband enjoys doing the same things I do!  I can't paint, draw, or design, like he can...but at least with his talents I can enjoy the benefits!

Watch for the next post about the changes I made to the Stamp Sell-er

No comments:

Post a Comment