Saturday, July 29, 2017

Paper Pumpkin July Alternative




Paper Pumpkin Alternative
July, 2017

I am excited to share a few new ideas for your July Paper Pumpkin Kit.  I Love, Love, Love this month’s kit.  So Cute!!    If you do not subscribe to this fun monthly mailing direct from Stampin’ Up!, let me encourage you to.  Each month you will receive a surprise in your mail box.  We never know what the kit will be, but I have yet to be disappointed.  Is it cards?  A mini scrapbook?  Home Decor?  Gift giving items?  I always wait impatiently.

Here is the kit cards as suggested by Stampin’ Up! 


You will also receive envelopes, Stampin’ Spots (Soft Sky & Tranquile Tide), Washi Tape, wood accessories, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, and misc. pieces of card stock to complete the projects. And this awesome stamp set!




You could make each of the suggested cards a few times (4 standard size cards and 4 note cards), or play around with them and make something different.  Here are my four projects:

White Thanks Note Card

This one is my favorite. I inked the sentiment in Pear Pizzaz ink and used the Stitched Shapes Thinlit Dies to cut out the pre-printed flowers.  You will see that the ‘grass’ is perfectly cut to match the sweep….well….this was an accident.  I messed up and had them straight cross, however, I neglected to adhere the ‘grass’ near the top and the pieces all fell off my oval LOL.  So, I took the piece I thought I would toss and adhered any loose ‘tops’ of the grass and then recut it with the die.  I then adhered this piece to original oval. I wish I had a photo of this, but I didn’t think about it in time.  I’m sorry.   I also used the Powder Pink Stampin’ Write Marker to color in the wood flowers before adhering them.

Yellow Heart Note Card

I used the pink Washi Tape from the kit to cover a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and adhere it to the blue note card base.  Then, using the negative heart piece from the kit, I stamped random Soft Sky bursts and Powder Pink hearts.  I stamped words inside the heart and the Thanks on the bottom in Night of Navy ink.

Hooray Card

I was thinking of one of my MemoryINKers team members who just reached a milestone moment when I made this card.  I used the reverse side of the wood-mountain so that I could emboss the ‘shine’ both on the card front and partly on the peak.  I used Stampin’ Embossing Powder in Silver for this and to emboss the wood Hooray (ink first in VersaMark).  Washi Tape layers at the top & bottom of the circle negative piece of Whisper White from the kit, which I adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.  I topped it off with a Clear Faceted Gem.

Love You, Friend Card

Since I don’t use a lot of “Love” cards this time of year, I decided to make a card for a dear friend – who I do love!  It’s hard to see, but I did stamp random ‘bursts’ in Powder Pink onto the front the card base, then added Clear Wink of Stella in the center of them.  I used a sponge to distress the pre-cut heart and Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker to color the wood “Love” and the stamp sentiment.  Super Simple.

I hope you enjoyed these alternative card designs.  Let me know if you try it!  I’d love to see your version too!

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

Order these, and many other products, via my website www.kariebeglau.stampinup.net  Today!

Below are the product codes and prices for today’s projects.

Stamps:
2017 – July Paper Pumpkin Kit

Card Stock/paper: $8 each (Card stock=24 sheets)
#100730 – Whisper White

Inks:  $6.50 each
#126970 – Night of Navy
#126979 - Chocolate Chip
#131180 - Pear Pizzazz
102283 – VersaMark ($8.50)

#144244 – Powder Pink



Stampin’ Write Markers:
#144033 – 2017-2019 InColors (5/$15)
#141393 – 2016-2018 InColors (5/$15)
#131261 – Neutrals (8/$23)

Accessories:
#143263 - Big Shot $110
#145372 - Stitched Shapes $30
#129053 – Heat Tool $30
#109131 – Stampin’ Emboss Powder / Silver (1/2 oz.) $5

No comments:

Post a Comment