Monday, September 25, 2017

Watercolor Christmas Project Kit - Alternative



Watercolor Christmas
Project Kit - Alternatives 

I love kits!  They make card making so fast and easy.  Because we all like to send holiday cards, and handmade cards are the best, the Watercolor Christmas kit really helps!   This kit has four beautiful cards you will be proud to send this holiday season.  Below are the four design suggestions from Stampin’ Up!





Of course, I couldn’t help myself and had to create some alternative card projects too.


This card uses a scrap cut from the negative of the Real Red punch-out tags used as the small strip at the bottom of the card.  I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the sentiment inside the wreath - if you haven't used this tool, you need to try it.  Even with Photopolymer stamps it helps you get your image exactly where you want it!



I love embossing card stock.  I used the Quilted Top Textured Impression Embossing Folder then I lightly sanded over it to help bring out the white stitching. 


Above features a pre-stamped piece (the trees) with space below to stamp a sentiment, which I did.  Then I trimmed off the sentiment and trimmed down the piece with the tree images.  I matted the trees image with the Real Red piece from the original card design.  I love how it looks on the diagonal striped card design from the kit.



Using the large Real Red tag on a different card base creates a new look.  Notice that I adhered it over the larger punch-out tag and topped it with the smaller tag (with sentiment) sponging the edges with Real Red ink.  The little trees in corner were stamped in Basic Black then I added extra color Emerald Envy ink squeezed into the top of the ink pad like a palette then applied to the trees using a blender pen.  I also added some trees to the front of the envelope.  





The kit came with Gold Foil paper liners.  I suggest that you score them before adding to the envelope.  It will help them to fold cleaner when you close the envelope.

If you would like to see more of my ideas, just use the one of the options in the upper right corner to follow me.   

Until Next time . . .
                   Hugs, Karie B.

I’d love to read your thoughts on this post.
 Please leave me a comment below!

Below are the product codes and prices for the items used on these projects. Just click to order them for yourself today!


Product List








No comments:

Post a Comment