Friday, February 24, 2012

Wooden Flowers?


Yep!  You read that right...

...but it is not exactly what I meant.


One of the things I LOVE about Stampin' Up! is how it coordinates.  One way is in our fabulous color families.  If I want to use Chocolate Chip to create a project, I know it's the same color whether I use card stock, ink, marker, ribbon, or an accessory!

But I REALLY LOVE when things match Stamp Sets!  Here's an example of a can't miss combination that you should really have in your craft room.


Stamp Set:  #113734 Fifth Avenue Floral $24.95 (pg. 110 in the catalog)
Embossing Folder: #114517 Manhattan Flower $7.95

These two items are the same flower design and can really make a project pop when you use them together...but what about when you turn them into a gift!




The box is where the 'wood flowers' came from.  First I used the Big Shot Die #115965 Fancy Flower Box $39.95  to cut our awesome Wood Sheets (#116309 4/$9.95) then I put the cut box, still flat of course, back through the Big Shot using the Manhattan Textured Embossing Folder (#114517 $7.95).  then I darkened the embossing and all the edges with Chocolate Chip ink (#100908 $5.95) to give it that 'pop'.  It's been in my stamp room for a few years and everyone still seems to pick it up and check it out.

So now let's say you like this idea too.  Well, picture one of these filled with goodies and personalized cards!


Wouldn't this be fun to have at each seat at a shower, a birthday celebration, or even girls bunco night?  And to have the box match the cards is such a custom look your friends will be sure you spent a fortune on them....and it's up to you if you let the cat out of the bag (or box).

Now...take it one step more and emboss the napkins too!!


OK, Orange doesn't really go...but you get the idea.

I love when things go together, don't you?  Hope you enjoyed these goodies!  See you tomorrow.  If your here in Michigan, where we expect we might just get snowed in, stay warm and enjoy a cup of cocoa as you browse my blog.

Stay Warm!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment