Old School Gift Card
Happy Anniversary to the Stampers By The Dozen Blog Hop Group! We have been blogging together for One Year! We’ve had a few changes during that time and added a few new Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. While we usually take turns picking themes each month, this time we decided to make it Bloggers Choice! You are in for a variety of treats this month!
Because we are half way through the month and the Color Your Seasons promotion is only for the month of August – or While Supplies Last (!!) – I wanted to share another fun project with you.
This is an old school gift card for giving CASH! I know we can go buy temporary Visa cards, or gift cards to stores, etc (Did you know that the card issuer's know that most gift cards go unused? This is how they make the most money! Yikes!), but what's the fun in that?
As a kid I was most excited when I received CASH from one of my Aunts or Uncles. It was good for a bus ride to the mall, lunch at McDonald’s, a little trinket or the newest Donny Osmond album (yep…good stuff!). Gift certificates or Groupon coupons would fit inside nicely as well as that gift card that everyone else is giving . . . if you must.
The details are in the below video with basic directions below for your convenience.
Here’s how I created it:
1) Cut a piece of card stock 6.75” x 8.75” (Real Red shown)
2) Score at 3.25” and 6.5” using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool/
3) Using the Big Shot Machine and the largest label die from the Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies, carefully cut just a ‘notch’ of the label from the 2.5” end. This will require some finesse, however, if you still have the retired 2.5” wide plates and ‘base’ for those long thin dies, it works great! (Photo shows how I cut the envelope flap - plate covering only part of the die to ensure it only cuts where wanted. See Video for more information).
4) Fold the base piece at score lines to create card. Adhere the sides of the pocket (with the partial label cut from it) using Tear & Tape adhesive so it holds.
5) Cut a matting piece of card stock 3” x 6.5” that will coordinate your base & Designer Series Paper (DSP). (Old Olive shown).
6) Cut the DSP of your choice 2.75” x 6.25” (Under the Mistletoe DSP shown).
7) Adhere the DSP to the card stock from Step #5.
8) Add Ribbon of your choice. (colored Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon shown – see video for details).
9) Stamp sentiment in a matching ink color (Real Red shown) from the stamp set of your choice (Blended Seasons shown) onto Whisper White card stock 2.5” x 3.5”.
10) Stamp an image below the sentiment (Stazon Jet Black Ink & Blended Seasons stamp set shown).
11) Color the image using Watercolor Pencils (Assortment 2 shown) or Blends Markers as desired (If using Blends Markers to color - use Memento ink for step #10). Tip: Add Wink of Stella over the berries for a little bling.
12) Cut out the sentiment & image using the smallest label die from the Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies.
13) Using a Stampin’ Write Marker to match your design carefully color the edge of the above design (see video) and adhere to card over ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
14) Remember to stamp, or sign, the back of your card before adding the CASH to the pocket.
15) You can create a matching envelope using the Envelope Punch Board (see video).
This awesome Limited-Edition stamp set and dies is going to be gone forever soon! If you are interested, order it quick! There are links below, or contact your personal demonstrator, so you don’t miss out!
The Guy Version from the video.
I did cut down the just the flap by 1/4" to be able to round
the end with the Envelope Punch Board.
After you scroll down, remember to scroll back up here to click the next button below to see what Judi has created to share with you.
Keep on clicking through until you get back here, or to wherever you started this hop.
Until next time . . .
Hugs, Karie B.
Blog Hop Participants
Karie Beglau You are here!
Current Special Offers
This Limited-Edition Stamp Set, Framelits Dies, and Watercolor Pencil Assortment 2 is Amazing! Watch my blog and/or Facebook page for more ideas. Hurry! This offer is While Supplies Last Only!
EARN FREE HOSTESS BENEFITS! If you place an order by August 22nd, please use the Hostess Code: W4UBRPK3 You will be entered in a drawing for FREE Product on August 23rd.
Join the Fun
When you decide to join the Stampin’ Up! family you pick your choice of $125 in current product and pay just $99! Contact me today for more information or get started right away on my website by clicking the photo above!Product List