Friday, March 9, 2012

Background Basics


Day of Gratitude

This is a stamp set that tends to be forgotten after the fall season.  However, I think it is a versatile stamp that can be used any time of the year.

I love that all the pieces can combine to create a wonderful background on a card (or you scrapbook page!).  Using stamps this way really stretches their use and give your card stock a whole new life!  OK, so the acorns in this sample might make you think of fall...but I like it for any time at all.


 Below I used Stampin' Write Markers to color the stamp.  This is more time consuming, but the effect is always a wow.  Then I matted the center design and brayered over it.  I purposely let the brayer create highlights and low lights to give it a 'sun burst' like effect.   


Notice that I also matted over the sentiment as well.  This kept the card just one layer thick and yet gave it dimension.  Both of these cards were a part of Stamp Of The Month Club back in September of 2010.

MATTING = Covering an image with an exact size duplicate (usually from scrap paper) to protect the image while adding a stamp/ink over the image.

Hope you come back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment